Monday 25 February 2013

My body's trying to tell me something

Well, surprise surprise.
After my highest mileage week (I think ever), I'm broken.  That lower leg various pains caused my ankle to seize again, so when I woke up this morning, it was quite painful to get around.
I don't think its a sprain, as I can put weight on it, and I was able to run 14 miles on it yesterday, but I do think if there isn't already damage to the joint, I'd be risking it if I continued to run on it.
Today is a cross training day: I would like to cycle, but I think it will still be too dark when I get home.  Given my schedule over the next week, I am going to put in an extra rest day here, as I was already planning to do nxt Sunday's run on Monday.  I think I can have an extra day and a half rest, and shift the training schedule, and hopefully the leg will have healed enough to get the miles in.  Instead of running/cross, I'll be doing lots and lots of stretching and foam rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment